How is York Vineyard Church financed?
God has called us to do a job. From the outset, this church has consisted of people who are willing to devote their time, energy and money to this task. We believe that as part of our worship of God and commitment to His purpose we should give a proportion of our income to finance the work of His church.
What are the benefits of giving?
We believe that behind the Bible’s instruction to give there are a number of sound reasons. The apostle Paul lists some of them in 2 Corinthians 9:6-15:
- Generous giving generates rich rewards (v6)
- We experience God’s love and favour (v8)
- God’s grace is multiplied to us (v10)
- It results in thanksgiving to God (v11)
- People’s needs are met (v12)
- It creates gratitude (v15)
Furthermore we believe that giving should be characterised by joy and cheerfulness, and that no-one should give either reluctantly or under compulsion (v7).
What are the principles of giving?
We believe that Paul gives helpful instructions on this issue. In 1 Corinthians 16, he sets out five principles for giving:
- Regularly – choose a set time interval for your giving, weekly or monthly
- Individually – everyone is invited to participate
- Systematically – let your giving be thoughtfully planned
- Proportionally – the proportion is far more significant than the amount
- Locally – our primary commitment is to our own church
For more information on giving including information on how our finances are organised please see download our giving document in PDF format by clicking here.
How can I give?
There are a number of ways that you can give to York Vineyard:
- Cash – using envelopes in the offering baskets on Sundays
- Cheque – payable to York Vineyard
- Standing order – please complete form here
- Online – see below for details
If you would like to give to York Vineyard, either as a one-off gift or a monthly standing-order, please click the ChurchApp icon below (it will open a new tab or window and take you to our page on the ChurchApp website). This is a secure and private way in which you can give towards the church in a way that suits you, whether a one-off or monthly donation.
If you are a UK taxpayer please note that we can also claim Gift Aid from your donation of an additional 25p for every £1 you give from HM Revenue & Customs; so please tick the ‘UK Taxpayer’ box if this applies to you.